Best luggage scale
One of the things we do not forget to do before we go to the airport is to weigh our luggage. You know very well that airlines start charging more when the baggage begins to weigh over a certain limit, which is why we need to know before we go to the airport how much we need to spend on luggage hold. That is easy to achieve. All you need is a luggage scale.
A luggage scale is a small and portable device that helps you weigh your luggage anytime and anywhere. While in the past it used to be analog, nobody buys that anymore. We have all gone digital. Luggage scales too. You can find multiple models online, and most of them are digital.
Why a luggage scale and not a regular one?
Some people use another method to weigh their luggage weight. They would climb on a regular scale while holding their luggage. It is not a bad solution when you have no other choice, but it is not as accurate as a luggage scale. Plus, one of the inconveniences is that you can weight it when you leave, but how will you do it when you come back? Are you going to take the body scale with you on your trip just to have something to weigh your bags with? Seems somewhat inconvenient, don’t you think? A luggage scale, on the other hand, is always available, and you can take it with you wherever you go. It fits in your pocket.
Why you should invest in a luggage scale
If you are looking for valid reasons why you should invest in a luggage scale, do not worry, there are plenty. I am sure that you will find this device just as useful as I do. Here is why every frequent traveler should own a luggage scale.
- No surprises at the airport – before you leave for the airport or before check-in, you need to make sure that the luggage does not exceed a certain Otherwise, you need to pay extra for luggage hold. If you know the precise weight before you leave the house, you will not have any surprises at the airport. You will know exactly how much your bags weigh.
- It can save you time – when a bag exceeds a certain weight limit, you need to pay the extra fee, or you can redistribute the items of your bags so that the limit is not reached for one of the bags. A lot of people do that, but you can avoid that fiasco with a simple luggage scale. Can you imagine yourself taking things out of the bag in the middle of the airport just so that you do not have to pay $50 more? Why bother? Just buy a luggage scale and do the redistribution at home.
- It can save money – I think we have all gone through the scenario in which we had to pay extra at check-in just because the bag is 4 pounds heavier than the limit. It is a pretty common However, with a luggage scale, that can no longer happen. You will pay exactly the amount you are expected to every time.
- It eliminates stress – whenever I used to be at check-in, the weight of my luggage always used to be a cause for stress. What if it exceeds the limit? What if I cannot fit the extra items in my carry-on bag? Those were very stressful questions. That no longer happens either since I got the luggage scale. One less thing to stress about.
- You have something to weigh your luggage with when you return – maybe the lack of a luggage scale is not such a tragedy when you need to fly out because you can step on a body scale. But what do you do when you come back from your trip? Depending on where you are staying, you may not have a means to weigh your luggage, and that causes some stress for you. After all, I think everyone buys souvenirs or other items when they travel, right?
How to choose the best luggage scale
When you are in the market for a luggage scale, you need to pay attention to what you are buying. That is why you need to consider a few factors before you hit the buy button. Not all devices are created equal, and you need to choose the best luggage scale that suits your needs. Here is what you need to take into consideration.
- Portability – in my opinion, if a luggage scale is not portable, it is not worth buying. One of the most significant advantages of such an item is portability. You can take it with you at the airport and on your trip so that you can weigh your luggage before you come back home as well. Lucky for you, there are very few luggage scales that are meant to be stationary, and most digital devices are the size of a smartphone. Portability should not be an issue.
- Maximum weight capacity – you probably know that the usual limits for luggage on hold are 50 and 70 pounds. The former is the advised while the latter is the limit. As a result, you do not need a luggage scale that has the ability to weight more than that. Even so, most luggage scales have a maximum weight capacity of 110 pounds, which gives you the opportunity to weigh a lot more than But the point is to never buy a scale that cannot weigh at least the maximum capacity of 70 pounds.
- Accuracy – accuracy is yet another significant factor you need to consider because it can make the difference between paying an extra $50 or not. My advice is to avoid luggage scales that have a margin of error bigger than 0.1 pounds or 0.05 kg. At the same time, you should always pack your bag considering that margin of error. That way you are not put in a difficult situation.
- Additional features – manufacturers thought of all kinds of features that can prove to be useful to users. Some of the best features are the weight lock, auto shut off, and battery indicators. The first one I mentioned will display the weight of the luggage after it stabilizes on the hook and lock in the value. That way you do not have to look at the amount while holding the bag. It is more convenient that way. The battery indicator is useful because you will know when the battery runs on low, and the auto shut off will save some of the scale’s battery life.
What are the best luggage scales?
Now that you know what to look in the best luggage scale, you need to make a choice. Lucky for you, you have where to choose from, but pay attention to detail and always read the specifications. At the same time, you could read some luggage scales reviews online to see other people’s experiences with the devices they bought. That way you can stay away from low-quality products. If you do not care for any of that, you can select one of the products below.
Etekcity Digital Hanging Luggage Scale
The first product on my list of high-quality luggage scales is the one manufactured by Etekcity. It is an excellent device that you can take along on every single trip. It is very lightweight, which makes it portable. It provides accurate readings for all your bags. The maximum capacity is 110 pounds or 50 kg, and the margin of error is 0.1 pounds or 0.05 kg. As far as capacity and accuracy are concerned, this is a perfect product.
The Etekcity luggage scale is also equipped with a thermometer temperature sensor that displays in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. It is designed to withstand the abuse it may take during travel, even if it is a small device. It is built with durability in mind.
The digital LCD display is clear and readable. It displays when the battery is low, and it notifies you when the scale is overloaded. It has the weight lock feature I mentioned above, and you will find it most useful. The locked weight will be displayed only after stabilization so that you can record precise results. Other functions include the tare mode and the auto shut off feature will save some battery life. The battery is included in the package.
Dr. Meter Luggage Scale
Another product that I think you will like is the luggage scale from Dr. Meter. It is another item that will help you avoid the stress of not knowing how much your luggage weighs. The device is small and portable, and it will provide accurate readings of your bags’ weight no matter how much you travel. Plus, it is a versatile scale, and you can use it for almost anything. That is because the reading capacity starts at 10g or 0.2 pounds and ends at 50 kg or 110 pounds.
The luggage scale from Dr. Meter has a temperature sensor as well. You can set it to read the temperature outside. You can read the degrees in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. This device also features a tare function and a data lock. The latter will make your task of weighing your bags a lot more convenient because you do not have to hold the luggage and read the value at the same time. The auto shut off function will preserve the battery’s life.
The Dr. Meter luggage scale has an easy-to-read LDG display that is backlit. It will make reading the value easier in a dark environment. The screen also displays the battery status and the overload indication. The scale is powered by one 3V CR 2032 lithium battery, and it will be a long time until you need to replace it. It is a small and portable device that will save you the stress of know knowing the weight of your luggage.
Newacalox Luggage Scale
Last but not least, the luggage scale from Newacalox is yet another device that I think you may be interested in. It is a compact and portable device that you can take along in all your travels. It has a maximum capacity of 110 pounds or 50 kg, and it shows highly accurate readings. I am sure you will be very satisfied with it if you decide to buy it.
The Newcalox luggage scales runs on a battery, but the package includes two of them so that you have a spare. Even so, you will not be replacing it anytime soon. The auto shut off function will make sure of that. The device features a tare function, and the screen will display the battery status and the overload indicator. For more visibility at night, the display is backlit. Just like the previous two products, this one features data lock as well.
The construction of the Newcalox luggage scale is durable. It is made of hard plastic, and the hanging hook is made of stainless steel. You will not have issues with it, and I am sure it will last for a very long time.
While I think that all three products will satisfy your needs, only one of them can be the best. In my opinion, that is the Dr. Meter Luggage Scale. It has all the features one may use before and during a trip, which is why I think it is one of the best luggage scales you can find in this price range.
In 2017, the travelers of the largest 23 American airlines spent approximately 4.6 billion dollars in baggage fees. That is a considerable amount, and I tend to believe that not all charges were meant to be paid. A lot of people do not weight their luggage at home only to arrive at the airport and be surprised. That will not happen if you have a luggage scale. Just pick one from the products above, and you will always know how much you need to pay in luggage fees. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What Every Body Is Saying About Bag Weigher Is Dead Wrong and Why
- The Lost Secret of Best Buy Luggage Scale
- The Indisputable Reality About Portable Digital Luggage Scale That Nobody Is Telling You
- Top Guide of Case Scales
- Cheap Luggage Exposed
- The Undeniable Truth About Weighing Machine for Luggage That No One Is Telling You
- Things You Should Know About Suitcase Weight Scale
- Want to Know More About Digital Weight Scale for Luggage?
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Hand Scale Exposed
- Top Choices of Weight Scale for Luggage
- Travel Scales for Luggage Explained
- The Travel Weighing Scale Game
- The Fundamentals of Bag Scale That You Can Benefit From Beginning Today
- The Undisputed Truth About Digital Travel Scales That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- The Downside Risk of Suitcase Weighing Scales That No One Is Talking About
- A Guide to Baggage Weighing Scale
- Why Everybody Is Completely Mistaken About Handheld Luggage Scale and Why You Should View This Report Right Now
- The New Fuss About Weighing Scale for Luggage
- Introducing Scale for Luggage
- What You Have to Know About Travel Weight Scale and Why
- Luggage Weighing Machine Reviews & Guide
- The Death of Digital Luggage Weighing Scale
- Shortcuts to Best Digital Luggage Scale That Only Very Few People Know
- What Needs to be Done About Travel Luggage Scale
- Luggage Weigher Reviews & Tips
- Buying Electronic Luggage Scale
- The Start of Suitcase Scale
- The Argument About Portable Luggage Scale
- The Characteristics of Suitcase Weigher
- Travel Scale Reviews & Tips
- The Hidden Truth About Suitcase Scales Exposed by an Expert
- Luggage Weighing Scale Fundamentals Explained
- Top Luggage Weight Scale Choices
- The Fundamentals of Digital Luggage Scale Revealed
- Solutions for Luggage Scale